[scribus] epub and PDF import filter

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Fri Mar 20 22:35:09 UTC 2020

No wonder you ask, as a graphic designer ;-)

EPUB is one format for e-books, destined to be read on an e-book reader
(translation: a Kindle, Nook or similar). Think about EPUB as a
structured XML-file with searchable text, a TOC and links back and
forth, perhaps with illustrations and often a graphical front page (the
cover).
Most e-book reader devices can also display PDF-files, sometimes
specially crafted to look nice on aforementioned devices.

Due to their nature, EPUBs are not really designed for printing and thus
quite outside of the scope Scribus tries to address; nevertheless in
many cases it happens that people are publishing the same material for
various media (web, print, e-readers) and would like a simple way of
doing so.

Hope this helps (even if simplistic),

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli

Þann 20.3.2020 22:05, skrifaði David Burden: