[scribus] Scribus Save function doesn't always work

Bert Driehuis driehuis at playbeing.org
Wed Jun 24 07:13:51 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 2:43 AM Gary Dale <gary at extremeground.com> wrote:

> Found it, and it was turned on. That makes the failure to save even more
> outrageous.

I just tested saving a Scribus file to a directory, removed the entire
directory and tried to save again, and got a prominent error message.
This is Scribus 1.5.5 on Ubuntu 18.04LTS. So it seems 1.5.5 correctly
detects failure to save a document on my system. You may want to
repeat that experiment to see if you can reproduce your failure. I'm
sure the developers will pick up a reproducible case with the greatest
urgency.

Are you sure you didn't save your document to a different location, like /tmp?

With kind regards,

Bert Driehuis