[scribus] navigation between pages

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Jun 17 09:21:14 UTC 2020

Dear list,

I am getting ready to work on many multi-page documents. I am struggling
with the navigation between pages.

I am using Scribus 1.5.5 mainly.

I am trying to assign keyboard-shortcuts for "next page", "previous
page", "last page", "first page" but cannot find those commands in the list.

thank you for any hints,

Martin

TL/DR:
I have constant pain in my shoulder and often my wrist hurts from much
work. I have purchased an ergonomic keyboard and a very compact trackball.

For all my regular tools I have learnt many shortcuts, as those help a lot.

In Scribus my workflow is such that I cycle through each document
several times, doing certain tasks in a sequence. The arrow-buttons are
tiny.

I have dedicated hardware-keys on my keyboard marked "page up" and "page
down". Even those do not take me from one page to the next but rather
move the screen up and down (facing pages layout) so the buttons always
leapfrog one page and go to the second-next.

How do other long-hours-users do their navigation in Scribus?

--
ZASKE Martin
responsable GʊGʊ