[scribus] Scribus 1.5.5 (Debian/Testing) doesn't export link text to PDFs

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Jun 15 17:14:37 UTC 2020

Le 15/06/2020 à 17:02, Gary Dale a écrit :
> The Scribus method of using PDF annotations is already clumsy - first you have to make it a type of annotation then you
> have to right-click it again to add the destination. Then there's the fact that the text has to be in a separate text
> box... Why can't I just select a piece of text inside a box then right-click on it and make it a link (or a note or
> whatever)?
>
> It's not a deal breaker for me, but I'm working on a directory where literally half the text should be clickable links -
> web sites, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.

A script could probably automate this in a nice and friendly way that fits your workflow.

> We don't make it a function of web browsers to figure out which text should be links. We instead ask that web browsers
> properly display the link text or graphic while also making them clickable. I think it is the function of Scribus to
> export the web links I created in a way that works.

That's when you use the browser.
When you create the HTML page that is being displayed, you type the link text (anchor) AND you type the destination url.
A result can be seen here : view-source:https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link
As you see it can be felt a bit clumsy, but the resulting page is nice and easy to use
as is some scribus created PDF.

PS : the PDFs scribus screates are very heavy documents, fit for professional printers, but not handy for mail.

JLuc