[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 147, Issue 9

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jun 8 15:34:48 UTC 2020

On 6/8/20 10:11 AM, Wena Parry wrote:
> I have Scribus on my old XP computer and it works O.K.
>
> Now I also have a Windows Home 10 with Scribus 1.5.3 it so diferent that I find my way around and do any work on it.
> I mad an A5 profile on the XP laptop and transfer it with my Flash Card, it opened in the Scribers 10 (1.5.3.)  Now on the Windows 10 version I can import my text but I dont know how to change the text, e.g. size of text, the boxis to get the bold, standard and italics.
>
> I an realy lost with it! I have been atempting to learn for some Youtube tutorials, my problem is hering and the speed they go the. A book or some text would be beter.
>
> I am an old lady of 81 yare.
>
> Please can anyone help.

Hi Wena,

Of course we can help!
What has happened is that finally some changes were made to deal with the massively bloated Properties tab and all of its subtabs.
Under the Windows item in the menu you should find either Text Properties or Content Properties. If you have a text frame selected, it will show Text Properties, what you're looking for.
If you select an image frame newer versions will show Image Properties. Render frames also show Image Properties.

If you deselect all frames, then the palette will be labeled Content Properties, but otherwise blank.

Once you get used to it, I think you'll agree this is a vast improvement over the mess we had before, especially when you're switching from one kind of frame to another. There should be informatioin in the online manual with Scribus.

You should be able to upgrade to 1.5.5 on Windows 10 by now.

Greg