[scribus] Scribus 1.4.6 / Ubuntu 20.04

Bert Driehuis driehuis at playbeing.org
Thu Jun 4 09:01:32 UTC 2020

Dear Javier,

> Hi, I had upgrade Ubuntu from 18.04 to 20.04 LTS, Scribus is now 1.5.5. I
> need Scribus 1.4.6 because there's a problems with styles and compatibility
> with the new version. How can I downgrade or install another version? Thank
> you in advance.

The Scribus PPA does not currently support Focal yet, but you may want
to watch https://launchpad.net/~scribus/+archive/ubuntu/ppa as I
expect it will show up there eventually. In general, the first six
months after a new Ubuntu LTS is released it is not recommended to
upgrade, precisely because issues like this have not been ironed out.

I looked for viable alternatives but could not find any, sorry.

As JLuc mentioned, many people on this list think 1.5.5 is an
improvement over 1.4.6 so you may want to consider moving in that
direction.

With kind regards,

Bert