[scribus] Scribus 5.1.1 - long text - there is always remaining a piece of empty line

Jonas Bechtel post at jbechtel.de
Mon Jun 1 06:17:41 UTC 2020

Hello Gudrun,

I have made an example what it looks like when I add extra objects on top of the text layer. You find it attached or at http://jbechtel.de/zeug/bla1bla2.png  http://jbechtel.de/zeug/bla1bla2.sla (till august 2020)

MD5 (bla1bla2.sla) = 06fd0df75086eb658ae920e71fae2207

a) Is that what you mean?
b) if not, can you send a screenshot of your problem?
c) (alternative to b) ) can you take my example and play with it until it shows your problem?

Best Regards
 Jonas

On Sat, 30 May 2020 08:36:50 +0200 (CEST)
Gudrun Exner <gudrun.exner at aon.at> wrote with subject
"[scribus] Scribus 5.1.1 -  long text - there is always remaining a piece of empty line":

> Dear Scribus-community, hallo!
>
>   I have a problem concerning the use of Scribus 1.5.5.
>
>   I loaded a long unformatted text of 170 pages (without any pictures
> or images at all) from MS-Word, formatted it as justified in Scribus
> 1.5.5, and there remains always a gap, a small piece of empty line,
> at the bottom of each page in the last line on the right side.
>   How can I remove this?
>
>   I tried different solutions, but none worked.
>
>   I must admit that the original text written in Word was already
> formatted, but I removed the formatting before loading the text into
> Scribus.
>   Is this (a) a general problem or (b) my problem with Scribus?
>
>   If it is (b) than perhaps a (quick) solution can be found.
>
>   With best wishes
>
>   Gudrun

> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net