[scribus] Scribus 1.4.6 / Ubuntu 20.04

Bert Driehuis driehuis at playbeing.org
Fri Jul 24 12:04:17 UTC 2020

Dear Javier,

This error is your problem:

>  Found unsuitable Qt version "" from NOTFOUND, this code requires Qt 4.x

You will have to build Qt 4 yourself. Support for Qt 4 was dropped in
Ubuntu 20.04, so this will not be an easy task.

The Scribus 1.4.6 release you are trying to build is four and a half years old.

I am not aware of an AppImage of Scribus 1.4.8. If you insist on
running 1.4.8 on Ubuntu 20.04, you could try making an appimage
yourself. You can find the software for that here:
https://github.com/AppImage/pkg2appimage . You should be able to use
bionic as a platform for that build. I've never done this, and I still
recommend adapting your document to Scrfibus 1.5.5.

With kind regards,

Bert Driehuis