[scribus] scripter's export of preflight warnings

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jul 13 13:02:07 UTC 2020

On 7/13/20 1:51 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 13/07/2020 à 00:25, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
>> On 7/12/20 4:06 PM, JLuc wrote:
>>> Is there a way to use the scripter to export a list of preflights warning ?
>> Not that I can find in the manual.
>> I've been working with a document recently that has a number of empty frames in it, which routinely gives warnings when I try to export to PDF or check with Preflight Verifier.
>> I wrote a little script to export to PDF to see what would happen, and the answer is nothing - the file was exported without any hitch.
>
> I'm particularly interested in "out of range text" (text that doesnt fit in its frame or linked text frame chain)
> and low res pictures.

You could make your own limited version of a verifier to do at least two things:

Run through the text frames and check textOverflows()
Run through the image frames, checking getImageScale()

Checking the images is a bit tricky, since the scale doesn't by itself give you the resolution. There might be a workaround using PIL.

Greg