[scribus] page numbering problem

Gary Dale gary at extremeground.com
Fri Jul 3 15:14:49 UTC 2020

I'm using Scribus 1.5.5 on a Debian/Testing system.

I edited my master page to include a page number (centred at the bottom
of the page) in a text box that is plenty wide to accept 3-digit page
numbers. However when I apply the master page to all pages, I get the
page number box added to the bottom of each page but after page 16, the
page number itself is missing.

I thought perhaps it had something to do with my having 2 master pages
so I deleted one (possibly a relic from a much earlier document or from
an import) but that didn't help. Page 17 and later show that they are
using the correct master page (as are the earlier pages) and even
re-selecting the master page doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?