[scribus] 1.5.6svn - daily builds PPA

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Mon Jan 6 20:53:35 UTC 2020

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 22:18:18 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> dijo:

>According to Help > About my current version is:
>	Build ID: C--T-F-C1.15.10-64bit
>And in synaptic it says it is:
>	1.5.6svn~r23206~20190923~ppa74~ubuntu18.04.1
>This is on Xubuntu 18.04.
>
>But I think that is exactly what it said when I installed it a couple
>days ago, and exactly the same as your version number above. Yet there
>have been a couple of new builds since I installed it. Do I conclude
>that they have not been automatically installed?

I finally decided that I may as well click on the 'check for updates'
button in Help > About. It says:

	One or more updates for your version of Scribus (1.5.6.svn) are
	available: This list may contain development/unstable versions.
	1.5.6.svn

In Synaptic the installed and latest versions remain the same, as
above. The 'check for updates' button didn't say anything about how to
install the 'one or more updates' that it found.

Although I'd still like to figure out how the -trunk updates work, I
think I'm just going to leave well enough alone for now. The 1.5.6svn
that I have installed seems to be working well, so I'm just going to
stick with it until April when I can do a dist-upgrade to 20.04.