[scribus] A new Scripter API documentation

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon Aug 17 13:48:59 UTC 2020

Hi a.l.e,

thank you for your efforts and for sharing your work.

I went right away and had a look at your sample output. Looks very nice.
And it would be re-assuring to have such scripted always-fresh
documentation.

Not as a criticism but as input to make it even more useful:

Have the script produce clear mentions of the date and the concerned
Scribus version for each page or at least on the start-page.

For having a closer look, I went straight to my old friend "image
export". Very very useful for our workflow (yes, I know, some people
always want to take the detour via PDF-export, but we got our reasons).
	So I was surprised to find it under "View" as "class ImageExport". But
that is exactly why your approach has got so much potential: Even us
non-Scribus-programmers are learning about the underlying structures
from your documentation which comes straight from the code/docstrings.
And that can only help with our humble scripts for our own projects.

I am still puzzled about certain details in ImageExport but at least I
no longer need to think "Wonder how many years this API-help is lagging
behind the actual Scribus API?".

So thanks again for all your "lateral tinkering" and for sharing, I keep
learning about Scribus from many of your ideas,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin
responsable GʊGʊ