[scribus] Variable OpenType font support? Bahnschrift.

Bert Driehuis driehuis at playbeing.org
Thu Apr 30 08:08:10 UTC 2020

Greg,

the version you downloaded is a TrueType encoded font. That also side steps
the problem, but won't work if you run Windows 10, because BahnSchrift
comes preinstalled as a Variable OpenType font. Bahnschrift was Microsoft's
first foray into variable fonts. By only releasing a new font they wanted
to minimize the impact of issues like this, but it's a good font so it
becomes popular quickly and backward combatibility becomes an issue...

With kind regards,

Bert