[scribus] Scribus in Catalina

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Fri Oct 25 22:52:00 UTC 2019

> Gesendet: Freitag, 25. Oktober 2019 um 09:37 Uhr
> Von: "ale rimoldi" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] Scribus in Catalina
>
> hi matthew
>
> > What are the dangers in
> > using 1.5?
>
> in my eyes, (almost) everything that used to work in 1.4 still works
> also in 1.5.
>
> new things might or not work in a stable way.
>
> my rule of thumbs: 1.5 is as stable as 1.4 for all things that were in
> 1.4, too.
>
> if you want to try new features (footnotes, ...) check them well before
> relying on them in production. not all of them are stable enough for
> production.
>
> personally, i scream each time i open 1.4...
> for my personal health, i try not to do it too often...
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

I wholeheartedly agree with everything Alessandro wrote, but I need to add one remark: Almost all features that work in 1.4.x are working better, faster and more stable in 1.5.x. The UI has also seen major improvements.

Plus, most new features are already stable as well, except for things like footnotes or tables.

Christoph