[scribus] New version not so good for me

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Oct 16 07:29:08 UTC 2019

> On 16 Oct 2019, at 08:44, Colin Madwolf <colin at madwolf.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I downloaded the 1.5.5 version, but I get the spinning beachball a lot and the cursor flickers between the hand icon and the pointer icon ALL the time you try and move anything
>
> There is also a long delay before a move (of a frame for example) takes effect.
>
> There are also several issues where buttons are not in the same places in some cases the OK and CANCEL buttons in a dialogue pane are on top of each other making selection a challenge
>
> Is it only me having these issues ??
>
> macOS High Sierra  10.13.6
>
> kind regards
> Colin
> ___

Those don’t sound like problems caused by Scribus code. Eg we haven’t ever made buttons sit on top of each other. I think the issue lies elsewhere but I’m not sure where to start.

Can you give the name of the dialog that does this so I can try in a 10.13.6 virtual machine? If you have a bug tracker account (bugs.scribus.net) you can upload screenshots etc

Thanks

Craig