[scribus] Set properties on several frames at once

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Oct 12 13:32:39 UTC 2019

On 10/12/19 7:13 AM, Giovanni Bianchessi wrote:
> Thank you for the script.
> Why this feature is not coded directly in Scribus?
> Should Scribus users be script programmers too?

Hi Giovanni,

This might be a little difficult to implement. For one thing, Scale Image to Frame works differently, depending on whether the relative dimensions of the frame are too wide or too long - you may end up with the blank part of the frame on the side or bottom of the frame.

We already get some comments that Scribus is very complex, and I'm not sure that adding this "feature" would overall help that much.

There are a number of scripts included with Scribus, and the wiki contains a host of others for various esoteric uses. It may take some time, but once you have some script as an example, it's not so hard to learn to modify it to customize to your needs.

Greg