[scribus] Scibus won't work.

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Oct 9 10:58:00 UTC 2019

> On 9 Oct 2019, at 11:48, Jesús De las Horas <jesuode at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Apple states that Scribus will no longer work in their new Operating
> system, Catalina, because it is not 64bit based. Is there a version of
> Scribus I am not aware of? I am using 1.4.8, as it is stable.
>

> Thanks for your help. I wouldn’t like to start using another Desk
> Publishing program, as I am so comfortable with yours…

1.5.5 is 64 bit and notarised and should be ok with Catalina. I can’t install it yet in a virtual machine but when that works I will be sure all is good. Should be fine though.

1.5.5 is as stable if not more so than 1.4.8 however will modify existing documents so they cannot be opened in 1.4.8 anymore. Back up your doc before using it with 1.5.5.

Personally I would recommend waiting anyway for Catalina as there will be plenty of other software that does not work.

Craig