[scribus] CMYK problem

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Mon Oct 7 00:27:58 UTC 2019

> Gesendet: Montag, 30. September 2019 um 15:10 Uhr
> Von: "JLuc" <jluc at no-log.org>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.info
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] CMYK problem
>
> There is color management parameters
> spread in various scribus, document and output parameters
>
> AND also there is included image files requirements.
> Different PDF version have different requirements.
>
> Users share tricks
> but devs sometime throw big "NO DONT IT THAT WAY !"
>
> I wonder however : maybe things have changed these last 40 years
> because big printers usually dont care at all
> -- maybe because their modern RIP automatically converts bad profiles ?
>
> After 10 years using scribus for professionnal book printing,
> an important thing i learned is that i'm not sure at all
> how to use scribus with proper color management !
>
> JL

Hi JLUC,

This isn't just a problem with Scribus. You'll be facing the same questions when using Adobe, VIVA or Affinity products. And don't get me started on QuarkXPress. ;)

freieFarbe/freeColour have been working and continue to work with print and pre-press providers on a much simpler workflow based on sRGB. See for an introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lur3fn7r150&list=PLJdRa1t1C1M7Xd6yrFyON84uflxCvvG_5&index=12&t=0s

There are also more detailed videos available in German: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJdRa1t1C1M7Xd6yrFyON84uflxCvvG_5

Kind regards,
Christoph