[scribus] Set properties on several frames at once (Scribus 1.5.5)

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Oct 6 17:23:43 UTC 2019

On 10/6/19 12:39 PM, Ari Constancio wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there any way to select several frames simultaneously in order to set a
> given property (width, text font, etc.)? Does this make sense?
> Thanks in advance!
> Best regards,

Hi Ari,

The short answer is no. You can certainly select more than one frame by holing down Shift and left-clicking frames, but you will see that Text Properties is greyed out, even if you Group the frames.

If I had some need for this, I would probably write a script to work sequentially on a series of selected frames.

For text frames in particular, this is where the advantage of Paragraph and Character Styles come into play. Once you create and apply these Styles, then changing various parameters for the Style changes it wherever it is used.

Greg