[scribus] Scribus 1.5.5 Multifold not Appearing

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Oct 5 18:18:26 UTC 2019

On 10/5/19 10:03 AM, Amol Deshpande wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Waiting for your response on my mail
>
> On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 8:16 PM Amol Deshpande <amolda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Team,
>>
>> I recently downloaded Scribus 1.5.5 and wanted to create a 3 Fold and 4
>> Fold Document where in I can see the pages side by side like in the
>> earlier versions.
>>
>> However, I am not able to see the pages side by side and max 2 pages can
>> be seen side by side and rest will go below.
>>
>> Can you suggest me how to see all the 3 or 4 pages side by side?

Hi Amol,

>From what I can see, the 3-fold and 4-fold "feature" no longer exists. I'm not sure of the reasoning, but I think it must of been because this was really a misnomer.
The former 3-fold setting, for example, really just places 3 individual pages side-by-side, so that if you printed them out, each would print as an individual page.
If you want to actually accomplish this, i.e., a 3-fold page that would print as one, then be folded afterward, you should use guides to subdivide the space of a single page, perhaps using a custom size page in landscape mode as needed - this would of course depend on the size of the print stock you were going to print this on.

Now, is there a use case for more flexibility in page display? Perhaps, but I think you might have to make your case with the devs on that.

Greg