[scribus] How to print in different sizes

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon Nov 18 14:11:00 UTC 2019

Thank you everybody for your input and for all the fashion advice
concerning old-fashioned versus old etc.

I guess I would not mind getting a (paid) sabbatical and learning all
about hacking Postscript; but had rather hoped to find existing hidden
tools inside Scribus.

a.l.e had given the most specific idea on how to try within Scribus:

I had to read between the lines and had to learn that he meant to
"select all (over all layers)" and to "resize" by a bold-mouse move:

I tried, and basically my document became a mess. A few elements got
bigger and moved to their places. But anything text was no joy. And
snapping to my (print-shop prescribed) bleed-limits did either not work
or my mouse-skills for A0 page-size are just not snappy enough. I think
my mouse tried snapping to the page-edges rather to the bleed-edges but
since my screen is somewhat smaller than A0, I am not sure what happened.

I got more mails with ideas or even questions ("have you tried...") and
I conclude that Scribus has no inbuilt tools to publish several
sized-versions from one master document. Are we really the only users
needing that?

Or are all your print-shops so great, that you create just one master
PDF/X4 and they do all the resizing without misunderstandings and
without misprints?

I thank for the idea to work from a big master and let all clones be
smaller, the principle is right. A0 is somewhat unwieldy so I am still
hoping for one brilliant idea for next time.

Since our plastic sheets are not the main-product, just some "additional
PR items", I will for this round use PDF-Creator (since I did not get
any Acrobat solutions from graphicdesign.stackexchange.com) and will
hack the A0 blow-ups as clones from our A3 PDF files, hoping that the
print-shops will handle the clones correctly.

There is still this feeling that i am just overlooking some very useful
setting in the PDF-export dialog-screens...

greetings and thanks again,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin