[scribus] How to print in different sizes

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Nov 14 00:16:47 UTC 2019

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. November 2019 um 13:16 Uhr
> Von: "William Bader" <william.bader at newspapersystems.com>
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] How to print in different sizes
>
> If it is just a single page, you could also save to postscript and then
> edit the postscript to add a 'scale' command and update the bounding box,
> and then use ghostscript ps2pdf to convert it to a PDF. It should keep the
> file small and the typography smooth. The issue with that (or with scaling
> other formats) is that if the document has images, you have to be careful
> that the images in the PDF have not been reduced to a resolution
> appropriate for the original smaller page size, because then they might
> look pixelated when the page size is increased. I think that the Scribus
> PDF export can control image resolution.
> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Image_DPI_and_Scaling,_and_Resultant_File_Sizes
> Regards, William

Why use the old-fashioned PostScript? I think the easiest way (at least if you're using a current 1.5.x version) is to export a PDF in the original size (provided it's the largest one), then create new docs for each smaller page size and with no page margins, import the PDF and then scale it to the page size.

HTH,
Christoph