[scribus] Request for a feature - 'window memory'

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Tue Nov 12 17:45:37 UTC 2019

Perhaps history will repeat itself:

Around 1994-96 I was working in a design bureau, using CorelDraw,
AutoCAD and QuarkXpress in (I guess) Windows 3.11. If I remember
correctly, all these had some kind of 'profiles' or 'layouts (or
whatever it was called); these were basically human readable config or
ini files defining which tools were loaded along with coordinates of
respective windows.
We used different setups according to whether we were working on traffic
signs, architecture or book layouts, of course these had to be adapted
to the screen estate for respective machines.

I've often wondered why modern software has rejected this simple
approach; small files containing those definitions (could be in XML or
something), named something like 'laptop_layout', 'proofreading',
'triple_monitor_layout', etc...

Just thinking  ;-)

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli

Þann 12.11.2019 15:59, skrifaði ZASKE Martin: