[scribus] Undo/Redo in the Story Editor

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jul 31 13:31:29 UTC 2019

On 7/30/19 11:37 PM, David Cousens wrote:
> Is it possible to Undo/Redo changes made in the Story Editor from within the Story editor?
>
> Can changes made in the Story editor be undone with the Undo/Redo buttons after the Story Editor is closed?

Hi David,

My testing of this in 1.5.5svn shows that there is no Undo per se in Story Editor, but there is something of an equivalent with File > Reload Text from Frame. What is in Story Editor is in a sense another instance of what is in the actual frame. If you haven't saved from Story Editor, the Frame still contains the unedited text. This will also undo applied styles.
I found that if I deleted text, then exited Story Editor with saving, when I clicked Undo, Scribus crashed -- I was able to recover the file on restarting Scribus.
You can also look at Windows > Action History and see what is there. What I notice about this is that Story Editor changes are not listed in the Action History.

Greg