[scribus] feedback about rejected fonts: looking for a bad font!

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Jan 26 09:15:09 UTC 2019

hi

one issue people often have with scribus is: it does not find my font.

most of the time it's because the directory with the font has not been
added to the ones used by scribus.
but, sometimes, scribus is indeed discarding the font.
this happens without a visible feedback for the userr
(there is `scribus --font-info` but the output is "hard" to get and
hard to read).

this is such a case (in german):
https://scribus-user.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=718

i thought htat adding a tab in the preferences > fonts might be a good
idea.

0015550: Add a tab to Preferences > Fonts with the rejected fonts
https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15550

adding a new tab was rather easy, getting the information is not that
hard either but:

i don't have a bad font to see what really happens when scribus detects
one.

does anybody have a bad font that she can share with me?

(please don't send fonts in attachment to this list... send it directly
to me or upload it somewhere and post the link in here...)

ciao
a.l.e