[scribus] Scribus for Mac 1.5.4

Michelle Harris sakre.san.te at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:49:21 UTC 2019

Thank you for your suggestions.

« It's a way to install the most up to date (and subject to being unstable)
version of Scribus. The trade off is that you need to backup any of your
current .sla docs before you open them in this version: 1.5.1svn because
it's not backward compatible. »

My problem with using 1.5.1 is that (I'm fairly certain) 1.5.4 is the first
version that is mac 64 bit compatible. I can't do 1.5.1 on a mojave osx
mbp. I've seen the older (2015) posts on the .net/forum re: greyed-out
embed option, but I've not seen a viable solution.
The blurred pages are sent to me as pdfs that I (as I've always) bring to
the document by double clicking on an image frame, and I'm not able to
embed them like I did when I was running 1.4.3.

Thanks in advance. I'm a newbie to this version, but I used 1.4.3 without
incident for several years now. I do appreciate people bearing with my
steep learning curve.