[scribus] Scribus for Mac 1.5.4

Michelle Harris sakre.san.te at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 02:29:25 UTC 2019

Greetings,
I'm an editor trying to resolve the problem of pdf pages being illegible
since I upgraded to Scribus 1.5.4 which I needed to do because my mojave
osx on the mbp (64 bit) rendered my 1.4.3 (32 bit) obsolete. On that old
vers., embed (experimental) was a clickable option; on 1.5.4 that option is
greyed out (on my machine).
To your note regarding:

"In the About Scribus window, at the bottom, there is a Build ID that starts
with a set of letters. (Like C-*-*-T something.)" I can tell you that the
spaces are blank. I can, with permission, send a screenshot of the "about"
panel, but here is what it says:

Scribus version 1.5.4
28 April 2018 - SVN Revision: 22484
Build ID:C--T -F-C1.14.12-Mac/-64bit
Using Ghostscript version 9.26

Another member sends me calendar pages that until this upgrade, looked ok,
now his pages are blurred and "unsearchable."
Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm happy to provide further
information, whatever I can.

MH