[scribus] Embedded PDF pages

Michael Eager eager at eagercon.com
Fri Jan 18 22:05:11 UTC 2019

Hi --

I'm working on a Windows 10 system; my colleague is working on a Mac
running macOS Mojave.  We are both using Scribus 1.5.4.

We are trying to place a PDF page in a Scribus file.  I insert an image
frame and then click on "get image" and select the PDF page to be
inserted.  The low-res graphic is displayed.

On Windows, I can select Export->Save as PDF, then check "Embed PDF and
EPS files" and create a PDF, which embeds the PDF I placed.  On the Mac,
this option is grayed out and not available.  (In an earlier version of
both macOS and Scribus, this worked.)  PDFs exported from the Mac only
have the low-res graphic, not the embedded PDF.

Can any one suggest a fix for the problem with the Mac not being able to
embed PDF files?

Michael Eager    eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306