[scribus] Problem with "first line offset"

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jan 10 16:47:32 UTC 2019

On 1/8/19 4:47 PM, pezcurrel wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 22:12:21 +0100 ZASKE Martin <zm at revue-gugu.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 08.01.2019 01:11, pezcurrel wrote:
>>> Anyway I think it should be possible to do it for multiple selected
>>> text frames from within scribus. What is the most appropriate place
>>> to make-discuss feature suggestions?
>>

>> If you do create this feature request, please let us know the #number
>> or the link.
>
> https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15530

There is a kludgey way of simulating first line offset of font ascent, using a script which sets the top distance.
For example, I noted that for a 12-point font, the font ascent setting moves the first line down about 1.8 points.

So the commands for this would be:

    scribus.setTextDistances(0,0,1.8,0)
    scribus.moveObject(1,1)
    scribus.moveObject(-1,-1)

The moveObject commands get around a redrawing issue, where the top distance gets set, but the screen doesn't show the text having moved. You could save the file, then reload it, or manually move the frame(s), and this is what these Scripter commands do (and it works).

Probably for your instance, you would add to the script features that would select all frames, then sift out the text frames to do this operation on, one by one.

Greg