[scribus] Problem with "first line offset"

pezcurrel pezcurrel at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 8 00:11:14 UTC 2019

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 18:29:59 -0500 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>
wrote:

>On 1/7/19 5:53 PM, pezcurrel wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a problem with "first line offset": it defaults to "maximum
>> ascent" for new text frames; I need to set it to "font ascent" for
>> all the text frames in a long document, but I can do it only one text
>> frame by one.
>> It would be great if it was possible to set it for all the selected
>> text frames :)
>
>HI,
>
>I think we've had this question before. There are two basic
>workarounds.
>
>The first would be the brute force way of editing the .sla file. There
>is a variable named FLOP, that would be FLOP="0" for Maximum ascent,
>or FLOP="1" for Font ascent. So you could just edit all of these in
>the file with a text editor.

I think I'll go this way, in my case it seems a lot faster than the
other one. Thanks a lot :)

>The other way, which is the one I would probably use, would be to
>copy-paste an empty frame which has the right setting for first line
>offset. Even better might be to send a text frame with the right
>setting to the Scrapbook. If you right-click the item in the
>Scrapbook, one of the choices is Paste to Page, which puts the frame
>on the currently selected Page.

In both ways I would have to do it for every page in a very long
document, which would be as time consuming as setting the first line
offset for each text frame.

Anyway I think it should be possible to do it for multiple selected
text frames from within scribus. What is the most appropriate place to
make-discuss feature suggestions?