[scribus] Image issues

Giovanni Bianchessi bgio at libero.it
Tue Jan 1 14:31:03 UTC 2019

I think there may be a problem with image paths.
I am using Scribus 1.5.5 SVN r22778.

Create a document, place an image took from a common folder (i.e. Pictures), not the folder in which the document will be saved.
Save the document.
Reopen the document saved before, and it is all right.
Now move the document to another folder.
Open the document and the image can't be found on the page.

Open Extras->Manage images
The image isn't is red crossed and it is not visible.
But the name and the path shown is correct...
"Show directory" button shows me the root of my HD
"Search" button -> "Search image" requester shows me yet the correct name and path of the image.

"Start search" button opens an error "Base directory for search does not exist. Please choose another one."
"Change" button shows me a file requester based on my Home directory.

I do nothing and move back the document in the original folder.
Open the document and the image is at it's own place.

Regards
Giovanni Bianchessi