[scribus] PDFfile causes looping to fail?

Jerry Stratton scribusjerry at hoboes.com
Wed Feb 27 02:06:03 UTC 2019

On Feb 26, 2019, at 4:37 PM, ZASKE Martin <zm at revue-gugu.org> wrote:
> If you give us a sample file and a summary what your script is supposed
> to do, then I will test more. Unless you are not interested whether
> Scribus scripting works great on Windows 10.

The script I’d really like to see work is the short test script, in 1.4.7; that will show that the error doesn’t happen, or how to avoid it/what I’m doing wrong. But is nobody using 1.4.7 anymore? It’s still listed as the stable version on the web site, which really goes out of its way to warn people that the development version will likely cause problems.

import scribus
countDown = ['three', 'two', 'one']
scribus.PDFfile()
for counter in countDown:
	pass

I know that, absent my strange problem with iterating through lists after calling scribus.PDFfile(), the larger script works in 1.4.7. I’ve been assuming that the problem must be something I’m doing, since iterating through lists is such a basic task. But if no-one is using 1.4.7, that might also explain it.

Jerry