[scribus] Typefaces licenses

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Feb 18 14:32:48 UTC 2019

On 2/18/19 5:19 AM, javier bellido wrote:
> Hi, I'm a member of a publishing house project. We Are using Scribus for
> our work,  and we have some questions about the use of Scribus Typefaces
> with commercial purposes, in this case, publishing and sell books. The
> Typefaces Fonts are open licencia or should we acquire the licenses for
> them we use?

Hi Javier,

There really aren't any "Scribus Typefaces". Those that are included with Scribus come from other sources. Each typeface should have a license indicated, though you probably can't find this in Scribus. It's probably best to use some sort of font manager to find out the license and then look at the specifics of the license to see what you are allowed to do with it.

Greg