[scribus] Flatpak printing

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Feb 18 07:25:14 UTC 2019

hi crhistian

> I deployed scribus through flatpak - everything seems working ok
> except printing - i'm not able to select a printer - only printing to
> file is possible - can anyone guide me to provide the local/network
> printers to the flatpak installation ?

the simple answer is:

if you have issues with printing from scribus just don't print with
scribus.

scribus is geared towards creating pdf for print and that's the
workflow that is best supported.

it's of course possible to get the printing to work with any setup but:

- it might require an effort that is too big for the task.
- by printing from scribus, you're using a different technology than the
  one you're using for creating the pdf you'll send to the print shop.
  this means that what you print is not really a preview of what you
  will be sending in for the production print.

no idea if anybody will volunteer to help you with this specific
issue... but, now, you have an alternative: create a pdf and print it!
that will just work.

ciao
a.l.e