[scribus] A newsletter.

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Feb 12 18:34:50 UTC 2019

On 2/12/19 11:32 AM, Keith Watson wrote:
> Hello, I would like to acquire the skills to produce a newsletter for a club I belong to. I do not understand the different types of scribus listed on the website and I do not know whether my iPad is running any windows programmes. How would someone with my limited knowledge of technology start to choose the right software to begin?
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> Keith.

Hi Keith,

I presume you're not looking for something to run on the iPad...
If you go to
https://www.scribus.net/
and look in the upper left hand area of the page, you see

Scribus 1.4.7 and 1.5.4 released

if you click that, you go to a page where there is info about where to go for either (they're not clickable links, you'll have to copy/paste).
Personally, I would suggest the 1.5.4 release, since this has a number of enhancements over 1.4.7.
You will find versions for OSX, Windows, and Linux. The OSX and Windows versions are pretty straightforward as to how to download and install.

Greg