[scribus] How to select line (or other object) under guide line?

Rodrigo Severo rsev at pm.me
Fri Dec 6 18:17:29 UTC 2019

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, December 6, 2019 11:34 AM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 12/6/19 4:47 AM, Rodrigo Severo wrote:
>
> > There is one other situation (which I actually also faced when I decided to post this thread's original message) where this issue is relevant: when you have a rectangle below 4 guides.
> > When dealing with the rectangle, it's harder to use the click and drap selection method as easily you end up selecting things you don't want to.
>
> But with a rectangle, you can click anywhere inside the space of the shape to select it. Once it's selected, it's very easy to grab one of the corners or edges to edit the placement/size. On a practical level, I find the Properties palette more suitable for adjusting size and position than doing this manually with the mouse.

Sure. You are right. These other methods are good, for sure. But specially for beginners (and lazy old timers ;) having consistent methods seems to me as really important.

I believe that, in an interface level, we should create as few "stories", metaphors, processes as possible. Only the ones really necessary and reuse them in as much different (and relevant) scenarios as possible.

The line under guide line looks to me as one of them.

Rodrigo