[scribus] Scribus android

Bert Driehuis bertd.fpevohf.arg at taw.playbeing.com
Sat Aug 31 23:05:57 UTC 2019

Dear JLuc,

> Le 31/08/2019 à 23:18, JLuc a écrit :
> > Is there an Android version of scribus ?
>
> Some context :
> It'd be useful sometime when i could use scribus on an android device
> without losing this phone's android normal use...
> and i dont want to spend days on technical issues.
>
> Following this question i found the "userland" app. Not sure what it does but it seems to run a linux distro on android.
> Would that be the way ?

Looking at the reviews, I'm impressed at what apps people report
success with on UserLAnd. But it seems that UserLAnd only allows
terminal access, and you will need a larger screen computer with VNC
to access graphical apps like Scribus. If I look at reviews for the
UserLAnd app I'm impressed with the software that works with just
cosmetic issues (i.e. Firefox runs on UserLAnd but you can't see the
URL bar).

In my personal experience such emulation layers will never give a
satisfying result, even if you can live with the restrictions.

If you need to access your Scribus documents from your phone in
emergencies, you'd probably be better of to use something like
teamviewer or vnc to access your computer at home.

I cannot even envision how to turn Scribus intro a native Android app.

With klnd regards,

Bert