[scribus] Help with resizing

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Apr 29 23:10:51 UTC 2019

On 4/29/19 4:17 PM, Kevin Ryan wrote:
> I made a design out of a bunch of lines, then selected everything, copied
> and pasted it, grouped it and tried to transform/resize it all and it just
> made a smaller section of it without actually resizing everything.  I undid
> the resize and tried to do it again but now the transform option is grayed
> out and not available.  What do I do to fix this?

Hi Kevin,

It's hard to know what to do without knowing its current state. If you can't transform, then presumably you have nothing selected.
When you Undo, you may find sometimes that there are more Undo's than you think to get back to some previous state. It may help to use the Windows > Action History dialog so you know more precisely where you want to get to.

As far as your process, what you might have done is after grouping, to use the Geometry tab in Properties, then adjusting the Width and Height. One problem with doing this with lines is that the line widths will also change. You can't adjust them unless you ungroup the lines. You can save some time, presuming you want them all to be the same thickness, by then selecting them all but not grouping, since then you will have access to the Line tab in Properties.

Greg