[scribus] How do I fix this?? [E-Mail address change]

Jonas Bechtel post at jbechtel.de
Tue Apr 23 11:54:39 UTC 2019

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:40:34 +0200
Ian Whitfield <whitfield at datomail.co.za> wrote with subject
"Re: [scribus] How do I fix this?? [E-Mail address change]":

> *Hi Jonas*
>
> They are identical ....
[...]
> And this is ONLY happening with the Scribus List posts!!

[...]

Ah, I see. I actually have sent my message TO you and CC'd it to the
mailing list. So it is correct that you get two copies:
- The first one is direct: post at jbechtel.de ->
whitfield at datomail.co.za. Mailman does not know that it worked.
- The second one comes via Mailman (that's the program behind
lists.scribus.net), so post at jbechtel.de ->
scribus at lists.scribus.net -> whitfield at datomail.co.za

There is an option to reduce the number of copies to one. This has two
conditions:
1. You must have the right address (whitfield at datomail.co.za)
registered in Mailman. (In doubt fully unsubscribe and after 30
minutes subscribe newly)
2. Go to the settings page
http://lists.scribus.net/mailman/options/scribus , enter you password
and head to the last option "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" which
you can set to "Yes"

BR
 Jonas

P. S.: It would have helped if you would have sent the actual headers,
not only the To:/CC: lines. So I suppose this to be a bunch of lines
out of which a few begin with "Received: ". Unless I didn't see those I
cann't guarantee the correctness of the explanation in this message.
As you are using Thunderbird you can get the source by opening the
message (in a new window?) and then pressing Ctrl-U, see
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1233376

P. P. S.: You will receive this message only once, because I didn't set
you in the "To: " header.