[scribus] Cut and Stack imposition

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Sep 23 06:50:16 UTC 2018

> I would like to produce a small, portrait-oriented book using a
> 4-page-per-US-letter-sheet Cut and Stack imposition. I have a Macbook
> Pro with OSX 10.13.6 and an HP P2055dn automatic duplexing laser
> printer.
>
> I am totally new to desktop publishing. Please let me know the
> best/cheapest way to do that.

The Scribus wiki has a page on different tools that can be used for
impositioning.
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/PDF,_PostScript_and_Imposition_tools

For Cut and Stack it is really mostly the shuffling of pages that is the
hard part, the rest is more or less just N-up printing.

I think that likely the most powerful tool in this case is jpdfTweak, but
figuring out the config string for the shuffling may not be an easy task.
But make a testing PDF of a suitable number of pages with just huge page
numbers on them and use some trial and error to make it work.

Do you mean 4 pages per sheet or 4 pages per side? Because I think if you
mean 4 pages per sheet (i.e. 2 pages per side), it will just be a booklet
impositioning?

/Peter