[scribus] InDesign

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun Oct 21 06:44:01 UTC 2018

Le 21/10/2018 à 07:35, Jackson Snyder a écrit :
> Hello - I'm having to publish some books that were created with InDesign.
> Is Scribus compatible - may I just load in the drafts and convert to say
> PDF or something else?  Or can I use them directly n Scribus.  Newbie
> here.  Thank you.

Scribus imports In Design produced IDML format files,
but resulting scribus document is far from perfect and requires tweaks afterward.

Scribus also imports In Design PDF produced files.
Resulting scribus document looks as desired, (all the more when you use scribus 1.5.4)
but text is now considered as vector shapes, not glyphs, which prevent text edit.

JL