[scribus] Binary location // Re: CMake Error (variables not found)

Jonas Bechtel post at jbechtel.de
Wed Oct 10 10:52:35 UTC 2018

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 11:11:22 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote with subject
"Re: [scribus] Binary location // Re: CMake Error (variables not found)":

> Did you make install?
>
> > On 10 Oct 2018, at 09:50, David Burleigh
> > <david.burleigh at saphar.net> wrote:
> >> On Wed, 2018-10-10 at 09:03 +0200, Jonas Bechtel wrote:
> >> On Tue, 09 Oct 2018 17:11:02 -0400David Burleigh <
> >> david.burleigh at saphar.net> wrote with subject"Re: [scribus] CMake
> >> Error (variables not found)":

> >> Despite the fact that you found the precompiled package, just for
> >> completeness:
> >> I would expect the binary to be named as ~/bin/scribus-
> >> 1.5.4/build/scribus/scribus
> >> Did you try to $ find ~/bin/scribus-1.5.4/ -name scribus?
> > Yes, that's where I expected to find it, but it was not there. I
> > searched visibly, and with "find" but to no avail. It is odd.
> > See also:
> > http://wiki.scribus.net
> > http://forums.scribus.net

You don't need to do 'make install' for letting the binary be linked.

@David Burleigh: So then the CMake logs have to be examined. AFAIK there is a common place for those logs.

When you run "make" you should see as on of the last messages "Linking CXX executable scribus". (emitted by ~/bin/scribus-1.5.4/build/scribus/CMakeFiles/scribus.dir/build.make which is invoked by target scribus/CMakeFiles/scribus.dir/all in Makefile CMakeFiles/Makefile2)

Could you show what following command sequence returns?
cd ~/bin/scribus-1.5.4/build
make
make -f scribus/CMakeFiles/scribus.dir/build.make scribus/scribus