[scribus] page | import messes up formatting

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Nov 19 08:16:51 UTC 2018

hi gary

> I'm running 1.4.7 on Debian/Buster (AMD64) and just tried to merge
> two documents by importing the second at the end of the first.
> Unfortunately this only partially worked as I lost some pretty
> significant amounts of formatting in the imported section.
>
> It looks like most of the imported text was treated as the default
> paragraph style even though it is showing the correct styles when I
> Edit Text. Overrides of the styles (usually where I tighten up the
> letter spacing a little to fit some long names into a fixed-size box)
> are usually lost but bold text was preserved.
>
> For some reason, some styles seem to be always lost while others
> aren't. A style I use for telephone numbers seems to have been
> ignored while one I use for e-mail addresses is obeyed.

after so many years, i've had the need to import a document into a
different one.

and i've created this ticket:

overwrite the default styles when importing styles from another file
https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15473

if you identify other issues, please make a report for each of them and
link them to each other (there is a relationship section in the ticket).

ciao
a.l.e