[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 128, Issue 7

Colin Madwolf colin at madwolf.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 18:20:14 UTC 2018

> On 8 Nov 2018, at 17:57, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net wrote:
>
> Windows > Outline should show a category 'Free Objects' if there is something not on the page. If you click on the object name in the dialog, the display should take you to it and select it.
> If you can't see it, try zooming out as far as you can.

Thanks Gregg

Well, they were just lines at least 12mm from any page edge.  Deleted them and remade them and all fine now.

The document is a little snappier, but it takes 23 secs to load and I still do get the beach ball.  Clicking on a text frame to add text requires three or 4 clicks and beach ball appears, when the carat is visible I start typing and there is a 1 sec delay before each letter appears - like typing in slomo !

Not fun, but the magazine of 48 pages is now ready to go to press.  If anyone has any ideas about what is causing the slow down, I would be grateful to test

kind regards
Colin