[scribus] ODT into Scribus

John Hodge jhodge_98 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 13:35:26 UTC 2018

Hi all.
I have odt and docx files which were outputted by an OCR prog which has tried to reproduce the 'layout' of the magazine-type pages originally scanned, including text frames, fonts, formatting etc.
I am wanting to import these into Scribus, maintaining the fonts, font sizes and other typeface formatting, but also, importantly, the text frames.

You can edit and manipulate these text frames and formatting with LibreWriter, but it's very awkward - nowhere near Scribus for this task.
Can Scribus import odts maintaining this formatting and layout in editable form? If not, could this be a request?
Thanks,JH