[scribus] Script to sync styles across documents

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun May 20 17:02:46 UTC 2018

hi jluc

> I wish to replace styles in a document (or in a set of documents)
> with styles from another "master" or "template" document.
>
> When i tested it several years ago, Scribus "styles > import" feature
> was not ready to be used and afaik this has not been improved.
>
> Has anybody written a script to sync styles across document ?
>
> In case nobody has i plan to write a shell, python, C or php script
> to do so but when somebody has, i'd love to use it !
> I'd appreciate also when the script can sync other elements or
> attributes.

i think it's time to start creating a set of documents with exact
instructions for testing the importing of .html, odt, sla (styles) +
copy pasting and:

- document how it currently works.
- specify how it should work.

i think that you're one of the ones that has most experience with it...
could you summarize you're knowledge in a post?

ciao
a.l.e