[scribus] Error in script from Wiki

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Sat May 19 15:45:23 UTC 2018

Hi list,

I’m trying to export a single, selected frame from Scribus to a raster format that can be imported into MS Office. As far as I could find out so far, that’s not possible – you can only export the whole page.

That’s when I came across the script object2doc.py on the official Scribus wiki (https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Creating_an_Object-sized_Document). Using this script, it should be possible to “crop” a page to the selected object into a new file that can then be exported in the correct size.

Unfortunately, that script doesn’t work with Scribus 1.5.4, I get one error after the next when executing the script.

I have little to no experience with Python. All I could verify is that the script creates quite a few error messages when checked on www.pep8online.com.

Does anyone happen to have a working version of that script, or another workaround with the same result?

Viktor