[scribus] designing instructional posters on code/programming -- lots of syntax highlighting

Alec Hill bulk at ahill.io
Fri May 18 19:24:48 UTC 2018

Hi folks -- I'd love some help to proceed with this project... can I hire
someone for consulting/scripting in this area?

It's possible that the exact help I need might be in utilizing Pygments or
something else that's not actually Scribus, but I don't know what approach
to take or where to look for contractors, so I thought I'd start here since
it pertains to this email discussion from last year and the end product
will be

I want a script to run on a single file of source code (and on a directory
of source files) and have it generate something (maybe a postscript file?)
that can be embedded directly into Scribus.  If I make edits to the source
file, and run the script again to update the generated file, Scribus should
automatically pull in those updates.  The color scheme should be editable
in some way (like a css file for a website, but not actually css,
obviously) so I can change a color in some template or style definition
document, and just run the script to update all generated postscript (or
whatever) files, and have these changes automatically loaded in Scribus.

It was very exciting last year to see all of your comments on this thread,
but I've had too much floundering in other software areas to be able to
flounder here also.  I'd be so delighted if anyone's able to help me
manifest this workflow!

-Alec