[scribus] replacement of an default style by one from another document

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Mar 3 14:21:15 UTC 2018

On 03/03/2018 08:28 AM, Sebastian Schumann wrote:
> When I try to overwrite the default paragraph style with one from another document, the original one remains and has to be changed for every new text box. I wonder, if the very specific name of the imported Style has something to do with the problem (the document name gets part of the imported style name). However I am obviously not allowed to erase the original default style for replacement by the imported one. Nothing happens when I try. My scribus runs in German, whereas the imported style gets an English name.

Hi Sebastian,

Working with this is perhaps a little tricky. No, you cannot delete the
'Default Paragraph Style'. What features of the Default Style that can
be changed can be done in Preferences > Item Tools > Text tab. As you
can see, there are not many features you can set for this, but it may
help to at least pick a font and font size that you like.

The other thing that is important to know is that, when you change
settings in Preferences, this is one of them that will only apply to
future documents, not any current one you have open. When you open a
saved document, its Default Style is imported. Even though there are
some things you can change with File > Document Settings for the current
document, this is not one of them. You can, though, change Default Style
features with Edit > Styles for the current document.

Greg