[scribus] ?==?utf-8?q? ?==?utf-8?q? ?= ?= Scripting questi

Ralf Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 28 20:23:55 UTC 2018

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2018 22:05 CEST, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> schrieb:

> > I might be stupid or blind (or both) but nowhere on that page does it mention the location
> > of the git repository …
> >

> Thats because we don’t use git. We use SVN exclusively. What might be in the git repo is irrelevant for our uses.

Yes, but there isn't a link to the SVN repository on the above mentioned page either. How is a "newcommer" like I was
a few days ago supposed to find the "authorative" code repository? I would've expected a prominent link ond the
'Get Scribus' page, or at least a page 'Scribus Code Repository' in the wiki. You have to know that the Scribus
developers use SVN to search for that term in the wiki.

As a result I fixed a bug that was simultaneously fixed in the main repository. That's a huge waste of time
and there is a risk of not attracting new developers (which, imho is an important goal for OS projects).

> thanks for the submitted bug!

Thank's to the developers for fixing it!

 Cheers, RalfD